This is the last blog post of the year, can you believe 2014 is nearly over?
What a year it's been, thinking back, a lot happened.
I went to a lot of parties, met a lot of new people and finished college despite hating it with every fibre of my being. I nearly worked for Visa, I fretted about the decision not to go to uni, I got the job at Debenhams and really enjoy it. I made new friends, I became more independent and now I earn my own money, and I think most importantly, I really developed as a person.
It's been a very developmental year. I learnt to trust my judgement and that sometimes, being a little bit stubborn works in your favour and I learnt that following the masses isn't necessary to be happy.
As you know, I don't do resolutions, I do 'Goals'. These were my goals for 2014:
1) 'Get a Job' check.
2) 'Learn to Drive' haven't completed that one but I'm working on it and it'll be added to next year's goals
3) 'Try Harder at College' well I completed college with semi decent results, so I'm going to say that's a goal completed.
4) 'Take More Photos' I think I've achieved this, purely for the sake of this blog. I like taking photos.
5) 'Be Less Judgemental' it's easy to make a snap judgement about someone- we all do it- but sometimes a person is having a bad day and makes a bad impression. Try not to judge someone until you get to know them, we all have 'off' days. I like to think I've been a bit more compassionate this year.
6) 'Try More Things' as someone who isn't a fan of change, saying 'no' or backing out comes quite easy to me, but I've tried to shake that mentality and become a bit braver. Even if it just means looking confident even though you're shaking inside. You'll start to feel more confident.
I know everyone hates the phrase "New Year, New Me" because 'you can make a change any time of the year' but a new year is a good time to make a change. It's a completely fresh start, filled with new months and new challenges and adventures. It's a clean slate.
I'm going to try and make 2015 a 'me' year. I don't mean be more selfish, I just mean I need to do more things that make me happy and get to a place where I'm really happy with who I am, both inside and out.
I feel like 2015 will be a good year, I have a lot of faith in it.
As always, thanks for reading and speak to you soon,